Where did I go?

Having kids, stress, and life changes make some of us gain weight. This is our blog to feeling better about ourselves! It's not an easy road we are heading down, so this is for support. We are beautiful women, just lost somewhere inside of our bodies that have gotten bigger, much to our dismay. We CAN do this!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Lettuce Wraps

 I need some healthy foods to feed my family. I make a menu every week, and follow it pretty close. I just struggle coming up with things to make. So, I will give you my version of Lettuce Wraps that I have made up! These are soooo good, even my kids like them!

Ingredients:
1 Head of Iceberg lettuce (you have to use these to wrap around your food)
3 Chicken Breasts
1 Large Green Bell Pepper
1 Large Red Bell Pepper
1 Large Onion
1 bottle of Mandarin Sauce from Panda Express
Enough White rice to feed your family

I like to slice the chicken and veggies into thin strips like you would for fajitas. Then, brown your chicken. Add the veggies to browned chicken and add just enough of the mandarin sauce that it coats it. Let simmer until veggies are tender.

Now, wash your lettuce. Put rice on first, then pile on the veggies and chicken. Add just a bit of the sauce. Roll up and Eat. The kids like this because they like to play with their food anyway!

This is just one dish that I really like and like to make. It's very simple. The longest it takes is however long it takes to get your rice cooked, so about 30 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment