Where did I go?

Having kids, stress, and life changes make some of us gain weight. This is our blog to feeling better about ourselves! It's not an easy road we are heading down, so this is for support. We are beautiful women, just lost somewhere inside of our bodies that have gotten bigger, much to our dismay. We CAN do this!

Monday, November 8, 2010

Here's to Calorie Counting!!

Jessica, my older sister, found this article online. It's rather interesting to see how much it's all about calories and not cutting out sugars.
http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html?hpt=T2
If you have the time to read it, you should, but if you don't I'll summarize it for you...
 This professor basically cuts his calories down, but continues to eat Twinkies and other sugars. He monitored his blood pressure and cholesterol.
 It's a very interesting article and just hits my point home with this blog. It's all about calorie intake and burning more calories than you take in.
 It makes me more sure of what I'm doing! We can do this!! I hope you all have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there ladies! I've started my calorie count last week. I downloaded a free app on my phone, and I feel like already I've lost some weight. I haven't hit the gym as hard as I feel I should. Life has a way of doing that to me. I never used to care about calories or what I ate... guess it finally caught up to me! lol But I've found that 2000 calories is enough for me. I've stocked up on veggies and fruits trying to stay away from carbs. BUT OH THE CARBS.... I LOVE THEM! I can't stay away from them! They love me just as much as I love them! *sigh* But beside my love for the carbs... I'm trying just as you are. I'm shooting to lose 10 lbs. No time line, I feel that adds stress. Just to lose 10 lbs in a reasonable amount of time. I know the hollidays are around the corner but don't let that throw you off from your goals. We can do this! Love ya and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete