Where did I go?

Having kids, stress, and life changes make some of us gain weight. This is our blog to feeling better about ourselves! It's not an easy road we are heading down, so this is for support. We are beautiful women, just lost somewhere inside of our bodies that have gotten bigger, much to our dismay. We CAN do this!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Vain?

Okay, so this week I found out that I am very vain while working out! I'm not talking about wearing makeup while I work out, but more of what people can see me doing. I was out running and found that when I was on the busy main road, rather than in my subdivision, I push myself to keep running and to run faster. I was rather surprised and shocked when I realized what I was doing! But, in speaking with my sister, Jessica, I found out that she is exactly the same way. I figure that at least when people see the chubby girl in basketball shorts, a t-shirt, and a brace on her wrist, they think "At least she's trying to do something about her weight." Yeah, that's what I think people think about me. I know that's what I think about people I see out running! Are you vain? Would you rather workout in your home where no one can see you, or are you one who likes to go to the gym or be outside running?

3 comments:

  1. I even hate working out on our wii when people are around! It doesn't help that my oldest daughter told me I shouldn't run because it's embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true, I push myself harder when someone could be watching what I am doing. Very pathetic I know but I guess whatever it takes to get me moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome that you use that uncomfortable feeling to push yourself harder rather than sit at home because you don't want people to see. I think it's a great motivator..it's easy to slack when you're by yourself.

    ReplyDelete