Where did I go?

Having kids, stress, and life changes make some of us gain weight. This is our blog to feeling better about ourselves! It's not an easy road we are heading down, so this is for support. We are beautiful women, just lost somewhere inside of our bodies that have gotten bigger, much to our dismay. We CAN do this!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Loving Where I Am

"I hate my body." "I look so fat in anything I wear!" "I feel lousy about the way I look."

Do you have thoughts such as that? I know I do. Thus, I have come to decide that I need to love where I am at, yet know where I am going. I can love my body, even if I have extra baggage. Don't misunderstand me, I do not need to love the extra baggage, but I do need to love my body, no matter what shape it is in. I find that I must work on this or I become depressed, unmotivated, and I want to eat away my sorrows.

So how can we love our bodies now? Find and wear clothes that you feel great in. Tell yourself every day that you are beautiful. Know what you are working towards and know that your body doesn't have to look the way it does forever, but don't get too bogged down if you don't see results right away.

This way, you can have a positive attitude and exude happiness wherever you go, no matter what you look like, for you know your beauty. I like the sound of that. Let's demolish the worldly 'skinny only' thinking. Let's be ourselves and love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment