Where did I go?

Having kids, stress, and life changes make some of us gain weight. This is our blog to feeling better about ourselves! It's not an easy road we are heading down, so this is for support. We are beautiful women, just lost somewhere inside of our bodies that have gotten bigger, much to our dismay. We CAN do this!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Energy

 I have been struggling with getting the up enough energy to do anything! I have really been trying to run this week, but haven't been able to get myself to have the energy that I know it's going to take to run the mile, shower, and deal with my kids still. I was wondering how you all find the energy to do the exercise? I am not a fan of energy drinks and I only occasionally have a Dr.Pepper or a Mountain Dew (the Dew only when my sister is around and drinking one, then I steal sips). I need some energy! Any tips?

2 comments:

  1. You and my other two sisters always steal my Dew! You all give me crap for the amount of soda I drink but I only buy that much when I am around you because you all drink half of it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drink green smoothies two times a day and it is amazing how better I feel and how much more energy I have. I usually just make a blender full of smoothie in the morning and I will drink some in the morning and then some at lunch. I started out doing 40% veggies and 60% fruit. You can start out just adding regular fruit(banana, apples, oranges, berries) and then some spinach, carrots, and celery and water and ice. When you get used to that combo you can get more daring with the greens that you use and gradually add more and more of the greens. My kids drink them too and it is so so good for you, because not only are you getting all your fruits and veggies in for the day but the process of blending it all up means that your body can use more of the nutrients in the fruit and veggies because it doesn't have to waste time on breaking/digesting the food up(does that make sense?) The blender does all the work for your body so all your body has to do is use all the good stuff for energy and weight loss. This has worked for me anyway!(I have lost 27 pounds sense November and I think the green smoothies have totally helped with that.)

    ReplyDelete