Where did I go?

Having kids, stress, and life changes make some of us gain weight. This is our blog to feeling better about ourselves! It's not an easy road we are heading down, so this is for support. We are beautiful women, just lost somewhere inside of our bodies that have gotten bigger, much to our dismay. We CAN do this!

Monday, October 18, 2010

Oh, Monday... Week 3!

 I was talking to my sister about things that remind us of this time of year. My son asked me the other day to make a Halloween dessert that I had made last year and thought it would be fun to do as a annual Halloween dessert. (I'm not going to post it because I don't think it's very healthy). But with that, I was brought to my Mom's favorite treat to make during Fall. It is a pumpkin cake that has raisins and homemade cream cheese frosting. It's my favorite! We were discussing how foods can bring you back to a time in your life. So many occasions we have this time of year with so much food. We live in a world that has evolved our holidays to food and candy! It's funny to think about how many party's we go to that are all around food. I know I don't have a party without making treats. In fact, most Sundays I make a sugar snack just to have in case people come over or to take as a treat to someone else.
On a side note, I did go running on Saturday. I was only able to make it running 2 laps and a half, and I walked the same amount. I think Sunday's should be a day of rest, so I didn't do any exercising. I am surprised at how much I think about exercising now. We just found out that my family is moving to Las Vegas, and I've already decided to join a gym!

1 comment:

  1. this time of year really IS all about the treats! i applaud you in your efforts to NOT eat the sweets!! :) good luck!

    ReplyDelete