Where did I go?

Having kids, stress, and life changes make some of us gain weight. This is our blog to feeling better about ourselves! It's not an easy road we are heading down, so this is for support. We are beautiful women, just lost somewhere inside of our bodies that have gotten bigger, much to our dismay. We CAN do this!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Introduction

Hi! I am Malea. I am a mother of one girl who is 8 months old. In my past, and present, I have struggled with the 'weight issue.' I was told as a youngster that I was just 'big boned.' Yet, when I played volleyball in high school I soon found that I could look good. I could be in shape. I could love my body.

Before I was married, my sister, mom, and I worked with a personal trainer. Since my volleyball days, that was the best shape I have been in. I felt good. I did not crave sweets. I craved fruit and healthy food. I was fitting into a size 6. I realized that I had always imagined my body bloated and huge, when in reality, I wasn't.  I received compliments at work, I had to cinch up my 'big pants.' It was a glorious feeling. Then I was married and shortly thereafter, pregnant. I gained a literal, ton. Returning to my prior negative about my body-type self. I also dealt with, and am still dealing with post-partum depression. I went to visit my doctor about it. He said I could take meds, or get off of lots of heavy carbs (bread/pasta) and work out. He said the effects of the pill would take a month or two to kick in. To work out and cut down on carbs? Maybe a few weeks. I opted for the lifestyle change. When I work out, it is not only for my shape and image. It is also for my hormonal/mental health.

Now-a-days, I am still packing that after birth weight. I work out almost every day (not yesterday, Saturdays or Sundays) yet I have not seen any improvement. So when I saw Jocee putting herself out there, I felt the drive to do the same. I need to know my numbers so I can see improvement. So I will be motivated to push harder when I work out.  I realize that just like 'anyone can cook,' anyone can get in shape. Therefore, I am resolved to lose.

Here is a song I listened to while jogging that I liked to think about in terms of 'inch loss.' A tribute for all you Nick Lachey fans. My resolution: "I'm letting go (of all this weight). All I need to learn is down this road. I just want to be the best woman I can be. Breathe. That's my resolution." Listen here and enjoy.


My goals: Reach size 8 pants (fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes with ease-I didn't buy many size 6 clothes as I wasn't that size for too long).
Get rid of bubbling over belly fat.
To crave fruit and to feel 'in shape' instead of like a log.
Have non-bulging arms. 

Before when I realized that I looked good.
Now where I feel "blah."

My measurements:
Neck: 12.5"
Chest: 39"
Waist: 37.5"
L Arm: 14.5"
R Arm: 14.5"
Hips: 40"
L Leg: 23"
R Leg: 24"
L Calf: 16"
R Calf: 16"
Ugh!

My methods: Whenever I feel fat - work out.
Employ the following work out routines: bike and weights, jogging, kick boxing, and/or jump roping for at least half an hour each day (excluding Sundays).

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Malea!!! I love your post! We can do this, it wont be easy, but it will be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, ladies! One thing my PT taught me (that I need to start doing again as I've started packing it on again...argh), was to jog/eliptical/etc for 5 minutes, then do your lifting (isolating one group of muscles instead of entire body...entire body should be only once a week), then do your cardio. You burn twice the calories after your muscles are all worked up from the lifting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously can't wait to join ya, but don't judge when my numbers are still super high and you 2 are all skinny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me too!! Sounds great. Let's do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No judgments here. Thanks for the tip Haven! I'll have to start doing that. :) Thank you all for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete