Where did I go?

Having kids, stress, and life changes make some of us gain weight. This is our blog to feeling better about ourselves! It's not an easy road we are heading down, so this is for support. We are beautiful women, just lost somewhere inside of our bodies that have gotten bigger, much to our dismay. We CAN do this!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Sleep and Weight Loss

Do you ever feel like you don't get enough sleep? I do, all the time!! My family is HUGE into sleep! We all have some form of narcolepsy, kindly passed onto us from our Dad. But because of this, we don't get deep sleep and we have very vivid dreams, and we never get into the REM cycle. All of my siblings and Dad can sleep anytime, anywhere!
Studies have shown that if you don't get enough sleep, then you are more likely to gain weight. They say it is because you are more likely to go to comfort foods when you are tired. Also, it is said that your metabolism gets off when you don't get enough sleep.
So here you have it, why you need your sleep!! Good enough reason for me to put my kids to bed by 8 p.m. so that they get good sleep, and so do I!

No comments:

Post a Comment