Where did I go?

Having kids, stress, and life changes make some of us gain weight. This is our blog to feeling better about ourselves! It's not an easy road we are heading down, so this is for support. We are beautiful women, just lost somewhere inside of our bodies that have gotten bigger, much to our dismay. We CAN do this!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Frustration

I have been oh so frustrated with my weight loss journey for several weeks now. It seems that after I lost my 35 pounds, that my body has decided that 35 pounds is all it is willing to give up. I don't really understand it. I am doing everything that I know how to do to lose the weight. I count my calories every day. I eat mostly fruit and veggies. I work out between 4-6 times a week. I even gave up sugar for a week(one of the hardest things ever) and I actually gained weight at the end of that week. I am more than frustrated! I don't really know what to do anymore. It seems like my body is just comfortable at this weight. The problem with this is that I am not comfortable with this weight. I still have a goal for losing at least another 20 pounds. I just have no clue how to go about it.

My husband and my mom keep telling me just to be patient, that I need to love my body regardless what the scale reads. This seems impossible for me to do. I have never loved my body. So I am trying hard to change the way that I think about my body and my weight loss. This will be a hard thing for me to do.

My goals for this next month are:
  • Try to be kinder to myself and think uplifting things about my body
  • Continue to train for my 5k that is scheduled for the beginning of September
  • Find some family friendly healthy recipes that not only I love but my children will eat too.
  • Continue expanding my raw diet. I have started sprouting beans, lentils and grains and I am really enjoying it. I have been learning about eating raw and I am convinced that it is one of the best things that you can do diet wise for your body.
  • Get my thyroid checked and my birth control changed. (I have a sneaky suspicion that my weight issues are probably thyroid or PCOS related.)
I hope that I can get my butt back in gear and be more motivated. How are YOU doing with your weight loss journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment