Where did I go?

Having kids, stress, and life changes make some of us gain weight. This is our blog to feeling better about ourselves! It's not an easy road we are heading down, so this is for support. We are beautiful women, just lost somewhere inside of our bodies that have gotten bigger, much to our dismay. We CAN do this!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Bike Race

I had the opportunity to go to Beaver, Utah this past weekend (that's why I didn't post Thursday.... totally dropped the ball) and got to help with a huge bike race. It was a combination of professionals, amateurs, and beginners. It was 69 miles starting at an altitude of about 6000 feet and climbed up well over 10,000 feet. I was amazed and awed at these bikers! I have new respect for bike racers.

 Leisure biking burns 522 calories per hour. The fastest racer averaged 20 mph UP HILL!!! So he was burning somewhere around 1000 calories per hour. The  biker's legs were so toned, it made me jealous and guilty! It was a great experience and can't wait until next year to help out! (Next year I'll take sunscreen so I can avoid getting fried and blistered!)

No comments:

Post a Comment