Where did I go?

Having kids, stress, and life changes make some of us gain weight. This is our blog to feeling better about ourselves! It's not an easy road we are heading down, so this is for support. We are beautiful women, just lost somewhere inside of our bodies that have gotten bigger, much to our dismay. We CAN do this!

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cooking

I know we often think of cooking as just preparing ourselves for calorie consumption, but it also burns calories. As long as you're making something low in calorie, it can actually be pretty beneficial for you! Yesterday, my oldest, Brejden, requested some homemade strawberry jam. So as I was making potato salad, macaroni salad, hamburgers and hot dogs, I whipped up a 4 cup batch of jam. It took me two hours to get this all done! (Luckily my husband was home so I didn't have "help" from my children!) But, with those two hours of cooking, I burned 348 calories! At least it has some perks! The cooking doesn't include clean up or getting the kids ready for bed.....
 (The strawberry jam turned out pretty darn good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment