Where did I go?

Having kids, stress, and life changes make some of us gain weight. This is our blog to feeling better about ourselves! It's not an easy road we are heading down, so this is for support. We are beautiful women, just lost somewhere inside of our bodies that have gotten bigger, much to our dismay. We CAN do this!

Monday, August 1, 2011

Grocery Shopping

 I do not like to grocery shop! With three kids, it can be such a daunting task, but one that has to be done. I have heard that grocery shopping while hungry is not only bad for you, but for your wallet as well. I have seen a few articles that have said to never go grocery shopping while hungry because you buy foods higher in fat and calories. But, going on a full stomach can be bad too. I feel like I leave the grocery store with nothing to make or eat. I try to make my menus ahead of time so that I use items I already have, and so that I buy with a purpose. I find that I buy healthier items when I have my menu finished and am ready for the next two weeks.
 Do you feel you shop healthier when you're not hungry?
But, grocery shopping burns 191 calories per hour (I think pushing a cart with 3 kids in it should burn more!)

No comments:

Post a Comment