Where did I go?

Having kids, stress, and life changes make some of us gain weight. This is our blog to feeling better about ourselves! It's not an easy road we are heading down, so this is for support. We are beautiful women, just lost somewhere inside of our bodies that have gotten bigger, much to our dismay. We CAN do this!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Radishes

My husband LOVES radishes! He will eat one full bunch (about 10 radishes to a bunch) a day. He likes them hot and spicy. He eats them while he drives his truck. He tries really hard to take healthy snacks and food with him since he sits in a truck all day (he is a truck driver).
 I do not like radishes. When I was pregnant with my last child, we had our own garden and Zorn grew three huge rows of radishes. One day we sat down to eat tuna fish sandwiches for lunch and I found myself craving radishes. I was so grossed out, but couldn't help myself! I ate quite a few of the radishes and with each bite I was trying not to gag! It satisfied my craving and I continued with this craving the rest of my pregnancy. I now find myself craving radishes when I eat tuna fish sandwiches! Dang pregnancy.
 Here is a little information I found out about radishes:
  • They help lower cholesterol.
  • They are High in potassium, so they help with blood pressure.
  • They are a natural stimulant for bile production.
  • They help prevent cancer. (which is good for my family)
Do you like radishes?

1 comment:

  1. We love radishes! My kids peel them so they aren't spicy. lol We like them dipped in ranch.... like almost every other food we eat.

    ReplyDelete