Where did I go?

Having kids, stress, and life changes make some of us gain weight. This is our blog to feeling better about ourselves! It's not an easy road we are heading down, so this is for support. We are beautiful women, just lost somewhere inside of our bodies that have gotten bigger, much to our dismay. We CAN do this!

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Rewards

I was having a low Saturday. I pushed myself hard on Thursday with extra weights, jump roping, and a long cardio workout, yet I still felt fat. My husband weighed himself and came in stating, "I'm dropping pounds and I don't know why!" I promptly told him to never say that again in the presence of a woman, especially one who has given birth.

Then he came up with an awesome reward system. Because we all want to be rewarded for our correct behaviors, right? I have a weak spot. I really really really want an iPod Touch, yet with our student income that is not a possibility. That doesn't mean I don't want one, so I certainly do like his plan.

The plan is to be paid for working out. I want to work out. I have consistently been working out, but this plan has helped me to have even more motivation. So here is our system at the moment: know that for each, I have to push myself hard. 10 minutes of bike riding = $.25. 1 hr = $.50. You may be thinking, well then who wouldn't do more 10 minute exercises? Exactly, I find that if I work out throughout the day and push myself in small increments, I work off more calories. Since I sprint for 30 seconds and then do a normal pedal job for 1 min and 30 seconds then sprint for 30 seconds. . . this works well for me.

Weights for 15 minutes = $.25. Kickboxing movie = $.50. Jump roping = $.25. If you are like my husband and thinking, Jump roping for 5 minutes? Come on! That's simple. Not the way I learned. I was a high school PE jump roping champ. So I will show you what 'true jump roping' is next week if you do not know. It is not the elementary school version of jump roping, I assure you.

This system was implemented yesterday, so it is certainly still a work in progress, but already, I am wanting to earn as much as I can each day to earn an iPod Touch and later on to earn and buy even more and I will weigh less!!! The possibilities are endless. I am hyped.

No comments:

Post a Comment