Where did I go?

Having kids, stress, and life changes make some of us gain weight. This is our blog to feeling better about ourselves! It's not an easy road we are heading down, so this is for support. We are beautiful women, just lost somewhere inside of our bodies that have gotten bigger, much to our dismay. We CAN do this!

Monday, January 17, 2011

The Importance of Calorie Consumption

I know we are all trying to watch what we eat, but sometimes we can not get enough calories. I know, I often think that I should eat less then 1000 kcals a day, but I found out this weekend that we really do need to eat enough kcals! A little story:
 My little sister, Jillian, has been doing track at her high school this week. She is running at the least, 3 miles a day. On Friday, she ran and forgot to eat dinner before going to attend a basketball game. While she was at the basketball game, she passed out, twice! When she came too, she had tons of people asking to see if she was okay, and made quite the scene. (Jillian doesn't like being the center of attention like that!) She was figuring out how many kcals she had eaten that day and realized it wasn't enough.
 So, I know I'm always trying to find ways to cut out things to eat, but we really do need to remember to make sure that we are eating enough kcals to keep our bodies running right.

1 comment:

  1. have you ever tried Dailyburn.com? If not you should. It's easy to keep track of the stuff you consume but it keeps track of how much protein, calories and fat you've had and how much more you need to meet your goal. AND it keeps track of your calories burned, I love it & it totally helps me stay on track with my work outs and my calorie intake.

    ReplyDelete