Where did I go?

Having kids, stress, and life changes make some of us gain weight. This is our blog to feeling better about ourselves! It's not an easy road we are heading down, so this is for support. We are beautiful women, just lost somewhere inside of our bodies that have gotten bigger, much to our dismay. We CAN do this!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Non-funny Hours

I was watching a movie and working out on our stationary bike. I had just completed an hour of mediocre pedaling. I knew I could do better. I didn't know what my heart rate was, since our heart rate monitors malfunction, but I could feel it in my legs. I didn't ache enough (I thrive on 'feeling' my work out to know it was a successful workout). So, I decided that since the movie was still going - I would too. I decided to do the fitness test program on the bike. That was my first mistake.

The levels increased each minute until at 16 minutes I had maxed out at level 16. I kept pedaling. I knew that the time would come that this torture would end. My thighs were burning, I was short of breath, I was sucked back into high school memories of volleyball conditioning, I knew I just had to pedal one more time. . . after 15 minutes of this the pedaling became normal at the intense level. I continued to wonder "when is this test going to end? I want my score!" Second mistake.

Then I suddenly realized, "the heart monitor. It is broken! That is the problem! Oh my goodness! I can't believe I didn't realize this before!" 34 minutes ago when the 16th level began to be exact. Third mistake.
I felt sick. I could feel the blood pumping in my head. Later, when the sweat was washed off , my red flaming face had returned to my normal skin color after an hour of cooling down, and a ton of water drinking, I only feel elation.  I am elated that survived to tell the tale of burning 900 calories in a single night of bike riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment