Where did I go?

Having kids, stress, and life changes make some of us gain weight. This is our blog to feeling better about ourselves! It's not an easy road we are heading down, so this is for support. We are beautiful women, just lost somewhere inside of our bodies that have gotten bigger, much to our dismay. We CAN do this!

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Holiday Pounds

I feel the urge to eat and make treats. I cannot justify the calories, even if they are brownies with spinach masked inside of them. That actually works quite well. Not that I am, okay, maybe I am asking you to try it. Gees! I say no then yes. . . isn't it the season for such thoughts? I am coaxing my hubby into telling me not to make a dessert whenever I want to make a delectable treat, since it is basically every night that I want to make or eat something sweet.

I believe that I have been trained throughout my life to feel as if I 'deserve' a dessert after eating something healthy. Think about it, at public school you almost always get a treat with your lunch. It is expected after dinner. It is a 'given' in most instances. Especially during the holidays. My hubby has helped me out immensely. We are not making cinnamon rolls, chocolates, cookies, cakes, and bars like I anticipate making each holiday season. Phew! What a relief to my caloric intake.

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorite (healthy-ish) treats is yogurt with fruit and nuts. I usually get the non-sweetened yogurt (I like the Greek yogurt) and add stevia for sweetening it and then add some almonds (I like them roasted and salted) and whatever fruit we have. Much easier to find fruit in the summer but frozen raspberries work good too. Very little sugar and healthy fats. It's so hard to be very healthy this time of year. We made cookies and I think I ate more than my fair share. I tried to get rid of as many as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete