Where did I go?

Having kids, stress, and life changes make some of us gain weight. This is our blog to feeling better about ourselves! It's not an easy road we are heading down, so this is for support. We are beautiful women, just lost somewhere inside of our bodies that have gotten bigger, much to our dismay. We CAN do this!

Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Chase and safety

As I was being chased by two dogs, at different times, while on my morning run this morning. The thought came into my head. What do I do if I get bit? I'm a bit dramatic when it comes to scenarios in my head. But my thought was. Safety. What ifs kept popping into my head. Do you carry any protection?
 One of my friends suggested running with a stick, another, a can of mace. Do you think about what can happen while you are out running? I know there are a lot of assaults that happen to women running alone. Do you run with someone?
 I run alone, but my husband knows where I'm going to run, and I only run on well lit roads. I am FREAKED of getting raped, so I'm very cautious when it comes to where I run. I don't run with any weapons, I'm afraid, but what is okay to carry? I would like to know what you do for safety?

1 comment:

  1. I totally feel the same way. Most of the time I go running with friends but that's not always an option but I highly recommend it as it makes it a little more enjoyable!
    When I run by myself I always go when it's light out & never after dark. I always carry a can of mace with me when I am alone, it clips on my shorts & it's not to big that it bugs me but I definitely feel better having it on me.
    As for the dogs, I've been chased several times but I try to run the same routes so I know where they are. When I run alone, besides my mace I carry a small rock in each hand. Not only does it help me to keep relaxed (not clenching my hands) but my hands sweat a lot when I run & when I carry small rocks they don't, weird?
    I have used those rocks several times to throw at dumb dogs!
    The biggest thing to remember is to be aware. I NEVER listen to music when I am by myself because I don't want to look vulnerable.

    Good luck! Keep it up and it will get easier mile by mile!!!

    ReplyDelete