Where did I go?

Having kids, stress, and life changes make some of us gain weight. This is our blog to feeling better about ourselves! It's not an easy road we are heading down, so this is for support. We are beautiful women, just lost somewhere inside of our bodies that have gotten bigger, much to our dismay. We CAN do this!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Motivation

One thing that was super motivating to me in my weight loss journey was joining a biggest loser competition that my sister started up in January. I was not that motivated when I first joined but just a few short weeks after, I was totally into it and looking forward to(and dreading) the weekly weigh ins. We started the competition in January and ended it at the end of May. Throughout the whole competition I lost almost twenty pounds. Both of my sisters lost 30! I was so sad when the biggest loser ended, I wanted it to just keep going. My sisters have decided to start another one this next Wednesday!! I am so excited!

There will be two parts to this competition. The first part with be of course weight loss. Each week we will weigh ourselves and report on the private blog our weight loss and the overall percentage that we lost that week(Don't worry you don't have to post your weight if you are not comfortable). The biggest loser at the end of September will be the winner of a cash prize.(oh yeah each contestant needs to pay $15 dollars to join. The money will be used for the winners!!)

The second part of this consists of a list of healthy choices that you can make during the day like: drinking 8oz of water 8 times a day, exercising 30 minutes a day, eating 5 fruits and veggies a day etc. For each healthy choice that you make you will get one point. At the end of the biggest loser competition the person with the most healthy points also gets a cash prize.

I loved the healthy points portion of the competition because even if I had a bad week with my weight loss, I was still able to have a chance at winning because of the healthy points.

We are starting the next biggest loser next week on Wednesday. If any of you readers would like to join you are welcome too! Just leave a comment with your email address and I will send you a message with my sisters email so that you can get her the money and she can invite you to the private blog.

This was so much fun when we did it last time, super duper motivating and I hope that some of you take up this challenge and decide to do it too. You wont regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment