Where did I go?

Having kids, stress, and life changes make some of us gain weight. This is our blog to feeling better about ourselves! It's not an easy road we are heading down, so this is for support. We are beautiful women, just lost somewhere inside of our bodies that have gotten bigger, much to our dismay. We CAN do this!

Monday, June 27, 2011

Mediterranean Chicken

I got this recipe off www.kraftrecipes.com and it was one of the easiest meals I have ever made!
 
2 cups instant brown rice, uncooked
4 small  boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 lb.)
1 small onion, chopped
1 tsp.  dried oregano leaves
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
1/4 cup  KRAFT Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette Dressing
2 tsp. minced garlic
1/4 cup  sliced stuffed green olives

Make It


COOK rice as directed on package.
MEANWHILE, heat large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat. Add chicken, onions and oregano; cook 6 min. or until chicken is lightly browned on both sides and onions are crisp-tender, turning chicken after 3 min. Add tomatoes, dressing and garlic; stir gently. Cook 4 to 6 min. or until chicken is done (165ºF), turning chicken after 3 min. Stir in olives.
SPOON rice onto platter; top with chicken and sauce.
per serving

Calories
 360
 8 g
 1.5 g
 65 mg
 720 mg
 42 g
 6 g
Protein
 29 g
Vitamin A
 6 %DV
Vitamin C
 20 %DV
 6 %DV
Iron
 10 %DV
Healthy Living Information
Low fat
Low calorie
Diabetes Center
Carb Choices: 3
Diet Exchange
2-1/2 Starch + 1 Vegetable + 3 Meat (L)
My tips:
  • I used red bell peppers and did just regular diced tomatoes. I was afraid that the flavors would be overwhelming with Italian diced tomatoes.
  • I served the original dish with brown rice, like it called for, but had some left over and ate it with fettuccine noodles and LOVED it! 
  • My kids even liked this dish, as well as my husband! I will be making this again! 
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment