Where did I go?

Having kids, stress, and life changes make some of us gain weight. This is our blog to feeling better about ourselves! It's not an easy road we are heading down, so this is for support. We are beautiful women, just lost somewhere inside of our bodies that have gotten bigger, much to our dismay. We CAN do this!

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Exercising with kids

One of my favorite things to do, is to do activities with my kids. I have found that there can be some of the best calorie burning activities that involve my kids and don't make it feel as though I'm working out. Here are some of my favorite things to do with them:
  •  Going to the Zoo. Just pushing the stroller around with a child in it burns 217 calories per hour! When we go to the zoo, we go for at least 2 hours or more.
  • Going to a museum. I had the chance to take my kids to a Science museum. They loved it and it gave me a chance to push the stroller around for a bit. (The picture is from the museum). So not only are the kids learning something new, I am getting a chance to burn some calories!
  • Splash pads. You can burn up to 548 calories in an hour just playing with your kids! That sounds great to me!
What do you like to do with your kids for fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment