Where did I go?

Having kids, stress, and life changes make some of us gain weight. This is our blog to feeling better about ourselves! It's not an easy road we are heading down, so this is for support. We are beautiful women, just lost somewhere inside of our bodies that have gotten bigger, much to our dismay. We CAN do this!

Friday, February 11, 2011

Finding the Extra Boost

I find that some nights I look down and take a good hard look at my fat rolls. At times like this, when I am caught home alone, I am tempted to hold tight to thoughts of self pity and depression. These thoughts would lead to no exercise, and the inhalation of lots of sweets and fatty foods. Obviously, this will not do if I want to get rid of those fat rolls.

So what helps me? Honestly, the simple quarter method I outlined previously. How does this help? Well, if I think about it, I will receive more benefits from working out (i.e. Ipod Touch and vanquishing the fat rolls) than from sitting in mode of loathing myself and gaining more weight that I will need to work off  later. Plus, I would be loosing money that I want to use for an Ipod Touch.

I find this is the 'extra' boost I need to get me going and keeping strong. What do you do for that 'extra' boost? My husband plays video games when he works out - that certainly gets him going! Does a routine keep you strict to a schedule or do you have rewards for yourself or am I missing out on a method you use?

No comments:

Post a Comment