Where did I go?

Having kids, stress, and life changes make some of us gain weight. This is our blog to feeling better about ourselves! It's not an easy road we are heading down, so this is for support. We are beautiful women, just lost somewhere inside of our bodies that have gotten bigger, much to our dismay. We CAN do this!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 2 and 3...

My favorite meal, I think it's healthy... it sounds like it is anways:

1 Yellow Squash, cut into any size you like (I do just bite size)
1 Zucchini, also cut into any size you like
2 cans of diced tomatoes
1/2 red onion, diced
1 serving size of pasta, I prefer linguine

Cook pasta according to directions.  Combine squash, zucchini, tomatoes, and red onion. Cook until squash and zucchini are tender. Serve over pasta with some Parmesan cheese.

This weekend I am heading up to Salt Lake, so I know I wont be able to exercise, but I will try and go walking while I'm there. Also, tomorrow I will be taking my measurements, and yes, I will be posting them. NO judging me, please!!! =)

Please, if you'd like to do this with me, please let me know! I would love other people to get involved too!

3 comments:

  1. jocee, I love you and i'm very encouraged by you! for me, after having my 2nd child i was so excited to work out and get back into shape. But i had to have unexpected back surgery...now it's been about 3 weeks later, and i'm just feeling like crap, can't harldy walk let alone work out.. I can't be the mom i WANT to be until i heal...but according to the dr. that could take months to years! I like you, turn to food when i'm in need. I also like you want to feel pretty and have 'My Body Back'! so as soon as i can I want to JOIN you in your quest! good luck, i know this wont be easy, But WE CAN DO IT! TOGETHER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jocee! I'm excited to read your new blog and follow your progress! When I decided that I wanted to lose weight, it was such a scary thing! But it's so exciting to see it come off! I admire you for putting yourself out like this. I think you will help others by doing so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! I would suggest using whole wheat pasta. It's sooo much better for you and buying a food scale and measuring everything. It's crazy how little of somethings are a serving and how much of others you can have. Also writing everything down that you eat and how much is a good way to keep you honest and really makes you think when you go for a snack if you are really hungry or just bored. One more thing than I promise all my unsolicited advice is done. It is much easier to loose weight by eating the right foods and the right amounts than having to burn the excess off with exercise. Keep it up! You will do great!

    ReplyDelete